caterwaul:

re:

Quote Originally Posted by caterwaul View Post
I understand that Spybot is "freeware" and totally appreciate the developers extending this excellent Spyware application ... but ...

I really cannot imagine that the developers would not have access to …

Clearly if Spybot would work on that kind of "resource starved platform" …
What you are saying has some merit to a certain extent. "Team Spybot" has attempted to maintain code compatibility with older versions of Windows. However, if your implication is that "Team Spybot" should stop development of new versions Spybot that do not run on a "resource starved platform", than I totally disagree.

Malware purveyors are developing new threats on a daily bases. Unlike in the past where a majority of malware just presented unsolicited adware when accessing the internet and that malware was easily corrected, today's threats involve a whole new level of sophisticated attacks to acquire information that can lead to identity theft, credit card fraud and even the empting of bank accounts.

If the code in Spybot is not capable of thwarting (preventing) or eliminating those threats because it is limited to the lowest denominator of the most "resource starved platform" it may become useless to a majority of users.

Patrick M. Kolla, the developer of Spybot started this thread to address concerns with the CPU utilization of the latest version of TeaTimer. I believe that he has addressed those concerns for a majority of the users of Spybot.

While I was formulating a response to your original post (above) you posted this:

Just in case this might help....

As far as my issue w/ the system crashing at shutdown w/ Teatimer running using either v 1.5 or 1.6 this ONLY happens if I have launched (not even done anything w/ it) the Spybot main application interface sometime prior to shutting down. ...
Now that post has been followed by:

Sorry but the ridiculous 15 minute limit on edits is really a problem. …
Patrick M. Kolla, the developer of Spybot, started this thread to address concerns with the CPU utilization of the latest version of TeaTimer. He addressed those problems and released a beta version of TeaTimer that I believe may address the concerns of a majority of the users concerning the CPU usage of the latest version of TeaTimer.

Your issue appears to be with the fact that you are running Spybot on a "resource starved platform" and not the TeaTimer CPU utilization issue being addressed in this thread. Rather than hijack this thread and divert it from an issue that may affect a vast majority of users, I respectfully request that you confine your comments to either of these two (2) threads that you started:
  1. This thread you r started today:

---or ---
  2. The thread you started earlier:

Your consideration would be appreciated,
md usa spybot fan