Thread: if SD implement some way to delete autorun.inf files

Default if SD implement some way to delete autorun.inf files

most of computers are infected through usb drives so if realtime guard of SD can delete autorun files in usb drive then malware can't harm any computer i think this must be implemented in SD

Why do you want an option to erase the autorun file? You can set your PC to not start anything automatically from mobile devices. And if you really want you can manually delete the autoruns but i would be angry if SB S&D deletes it whenever i insert a stick. AND try to delete it from a closed CD/DVD or hardware-write-protected stick.
    Last edited by diNovoM; 2011-08-06 at 20:38.

hi,
    dinovom lets say you have connected a USB drive to your PC and it has some virus it will instantly infect your pc. if SD can delete autorun files then these virus can't harm your system.some people including me like to pop CD/DVD and enjoy movies so disabling autorun will have the pain to open file in video player thirdly I am not saying to disabling autorun files in CD/DVD but on removable media hope this will clear your doubt about my idea.

Ah, so you mean live protection should scan if it's malware and remove it if possible?

ya exactly usb drive don't need any autorun.inf file to function if you see autorun.inf file in your usb drive it means some virus are sitting in your usb drive so here live protection of SD should delete these in order to prevent your computer being infected

Nope, thats exactly what i don't want or at least it could ask if it should be removed, cause i have usb drives with autorun. You can create a bootable stick with any OS Setup (like win8 will be) or Rescue Media, its faster if the Stick is of good quality, especially access times. Some PCs/Laptops don't even got CD/DVD drive, just usb. Think of Tablets. So don't just think of your use cases.
    Last edited by diNovoM; 2011-08-18 at 15:15.