Thread: TeaTimer Scanning pop-ups... GRRRRR!!!!

Exclamation TeaTimer Scanning pop-ups... GRRRRR!!!!

How do I turn off these notifications that every process is being scanned in turn and on access? I just did a system for a friend and he is going to hate me if I leave it this way. I'll probably have to roll back to 1.52. I know I won't be updating my system until I can turn this off.

Please, shed some light on this. I've been hunting around through the advanced settings already without success.

Quote Originally Posted by GraVmaN View Post
    How do I turn off these notifications that every process is being scanned in turn and on access? I just did a system for a friend and he is going to hate me if I leave it this way. I'll probably have to roll back to 1.52. I know I won't be updating my system until I can turn this off.

Please, shed some light on this. I've been hunting around through the advanced settings already without success.
    Mine stopped doing that as soon as I rebooted the system. But then, I had other problems after the reboot - so maybe it's just not working now.

Well, it was there to help people understand what happens if the CPU has heavy load
    But you can just right-click the TeaTimer icon, there's an option to show or not show them there
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Well, it was there to help people understand what happens if the CPU has heavy load
    But you can just right-click the TeaTimer icon, there's an option to show or not show them there

What TeaTimer icon? I guess TT is something that was downloaded and installed with S&D. I don't see any icon for it. I just tried searching through my S&D folder for TeaTimer and TT.

There is a beta t-timer 1.6.1 included with today's update
    give it a try

see also
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=44
    Last edited by wyrmrider; 2008-08-06 at 19:47.

Perfect! I'll give those suggestions a try.

I kinda figured it was to explain the cpu load (make people understand system hesitations) but, it comes up quite often and with a good sound system it comes up with force.

Thanks guys.

Esteemed Member

Patrick,

On my old PII 400 w/Windows 2000 the beta Teatimer causes much less processor overhead during a normal startup as I'd mentioned in the other beta thread. However, when the balloons are enabled on that same PC, it takes several minutes to complete the startup display, even though there isn't really any significant processor usage after the first few seconds.

What I'm thinking is that you've fixed the real problem of several minutes high processor utilization, but created a new one for everyone by having the balloons enabled by default, especially due to the balloon timeout issue.

My suggestion is to disable the balloons by default, since it's really a troubleshooting tool anyway and not really useful for regular day-to-day usage. Another possibility might be to display only a "Teatimer Starting" followed by a "Teatimer Startup Completed" by default, since this would reduce the delay effects. How to switch between all three options would become the issue in this case.

Bitman