Thread: Windows Active desk top is a problem???

Default Windows Active desk top is a problem???

Why is Microsoft Windows Activedesktop being reported SB as a problem???

If it is not a problem how do I stop it reporting as such?

Cheers
    Colin

Could you show it,might be easier to explain that way.

• Open SpyBot.
    • Check for problems.
    • When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
    • Paste (Ctrl+V) those results here

--- Search result list ---
    Microsoft.Windows.ActiveDesktop: [SBI $377029D9] User settings (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1785296317-3698706536-1207825352-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop\NoHTMLWallPaper

Have pasted the scan result only

From the log,I cannot tell whether it's set to be restricted or unrestricted.Assuming it is unrestricted,please see md usa spybot fan's post here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=15945
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...77&postcount=2

If you or an admin set that yourself and you want to put it into ignore,you can click the plus sign next to Microsoft.Windows.ActiveDesktop,highlight
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1785296317-3698706536-1207825352-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop\NoHTMLWallPaper,then rightclick and select Exclude this detection from further searches.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    From the log,I cannot tell whether it's set to be restricted or unrestricted.Assuming it is unrestricted,please see md usa spybot fan's post here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=15945
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...77&postcount=2

If you or an admin set that yourself and you want to put it into ignore,you can click the plus sign next to Microsoft.Windows.ActiveDesktop,highlight
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1785296317-3698706536-1207825352-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop\NoHTMLWallPaper,then rightclick and select Exclude this detection from further searches.
    Hi.
    Have read the above. Am I correct in assuming that the dword for "No HTML wallpaper" should be to 1 and the rest set to 0.

Did the right click idea but the option to exclude is not available(greyed out)

Cheers
    Colin

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

colpol:

I'm not sure why you want to ignore the detection. From the reference Zenobia provided:
    Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    ... If you did not intentionally set that registry value to allow HTMLWallPaper than you should fix the detection.

There are two (2) types of ignores in Spybot:
    1. Ignore single which ignores a particular detection within a Product.
    2. Ignore Product with ignores all detections with the same product name.

If you want to exclude the item from future detections:
    • Expand the detection if necessary (+ to the left of the detection).
    • Select the item (entry) that you want to exclude by left clicking on it to highlight it.
    • Then right click on highlighted detection.
    • Select from the list of options in the menu.

In other words left click to select then right click to display options. If you don't select (highlight) the item first the options menu is for the entire detection list.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

"If you or an admin set that yourself and you want to put it into ignore,you can click the plus sign next to"
    I read the instrution re ignoring and thought that was the way to go. I guess it isn't.
    Re my other question.
    "Am I correct in assuming that the dword for "No HTML wallpaper" should be to 1 and the rest set to 0."

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

colpol:

Quote Originally Posted by colpol View Post
    "If you or an admin set that yourself and you want to put it into ignore,you can click the plus sign next to"
    I read the instrution re ignoring and thought that was the way to go. I guess it isn't. ...
    If you or the person who sets group policies on the system intetionally disabled the restriction that limits the wallpaper to bitmap (.bmp) files, than ignore the detection. Otherwise I suggest you fix it fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by colpol View Post
    ... "Am I correct in assuming that the dword for "No HTML wallpaper" should be to 1 and the rest set to 0."
    Correct.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.