Thread: Fixing Hellz Little Spy Problem

Default Fixing Hellz Little Spy Problem

I am having the same prolblem listed elsewhere on this forum - after deleting Hellz Little Spy I get into the log on - log off cycle and cannot get into windows. Since I can't get in I can't tell you what version of spybot I am using (I update every week and had updated yesterday before running the program). I use a PC running XP Home-SP2.

I used the system restore point before deleting the Spy and am able to use recovery console to use the computer. I tried copying a fresh version of userinit.exe and renaming wsaupdater.exe but neither fixed the problem.

1. Is there a way to use the system restore point without being in Windows?
    2. Can I fix this without using a registry editor?
    3. If I need to use a registry editor what is the best one and what is the easiest way to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Eric

I have been able to solve the problem using the advice of Doc Holiday at:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30030&page=9.

I have looked and I do have an old version of the program 1.3.

If this is outdated why has there never been a message to upgrade or why is the program not upgraded when the definitions are upgraded?

Eric

Spybot 1.3 didn't offer to update the program through the integrated updater,I don't believe.
    A program update using the integrated updater was only offered with later versions,beginning with Spybot 1.4,I think it was.
    So,you should be offered newer versions of Spybot when they become available when checking for updates from now on.