Thread: Scanning every process started

Default Scanning every process started

I just updated to 1.6 and every time I start a application, Spybot scans the application. This has become very annoying, is there any way to stop this, as I do a weekly scan of my system.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by diiuliorj View Post
    I just updated to 1.6 and every time I start a application, Spybot scans the application. This has become very annoying, is there any way to stop this, as I do a weekly scan of my system.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
    I suspect what you are talking about is the balloon that come up with each new process. If so this is the Teatimer, and it is affording you real time protection as opposed to your weekly scans that will only serve to let you know you have a problem after the event.

There are several options you can choose from

The first is to turn off the balloons - this will still give you the protection but won't keep reminding you it is working - incidentally these get less and less as Teatimer "remembers" ones it has previously scanned. (Until the cache is cleared at the next update)

The second is to turn off Teatimer. Open Spybot in advanced mode, goto Tools/Resident and untick Resident Teatimer. You will loose Teatimer's real time protection, but that's your choice. You will still have the benefits of the Spybot immunisation and the on demand after the event scan.

How do I turn of the ballons?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

diiuliorj:

Right click on TeaTimer's icon (actually titled "Spybot-SD Resident") which should be present in the taskbar notification area (system tray) and uncheck "Show info ballons" by clicking on it.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.