Thread: S&D Wont Immunize on Firefox 2.0.0.16

Default S&D Wont Immunize on Firefox 2.0.0.16

Hello,
    I recently had to reinstall Windows because of a unknown virus or other variant. I performed a low and high level format then reinstalled. But after I installed Spybot 1.6.0.30 (w/ latest updates) it will immunize everything except the Firefox category. Here is a screenshot of what I'm experiencing.

Specs:
    Windows XP Pro w/ SP2 (w/ latest updates)
    Firefox 2.0.0.16
    Spybot 1.6.0.30 (w/ latest updates)
    Last edited by spartan948265; 2008-08-05 at 06:37.

Hi,
    i have the same problem.
    I also tried to uninstall the last s&d version (1.6.xxx), reboot, and install the next-to-last version (1.5.2) and the problem disappear !
    Besides, if i remove the 1.5.2 and re-put the 1.6 the problem returns.

I have three WinXP/Pro sp2 with this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by beppesk View Post
    Hi,
    i have the same problem.
    I also tried to uninstall the last s&d version (1.6.xxx), reboot, and install the next-to-last version (1.5.2) and the problem disappear !
    Besides, if i remove the 1.5.2 and re-put the 1.6 the problem returns.

I have three WinXP/Pro sp2 with this bug.
    Yes this is a major bug to me as well. Firefox 3 is still in its "infant" stages. Non of my addons work (The new versions are totally changed, hotkeys,etc...).

Smile

spartan948265,

In your first post, you appear to be talking about Firefox 2, and then in you later post you refer to Firefox 3. If it's Firefox 2 you are using please read http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...62&postcount=2

Please post back and let us know whether this helps.

beppesk,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Whilst the problem you have may appear to be the same as spartan948265's the cause may be different depending on whether you are both running the same software (F/W AV, other malware detection software etc) and the same versions, so advice that helps one, may not be relevant to the other, and it's often better to start you own post so that it all doesn't get confused.

That said, if you also have Firefox 2 please read the above post and see whether what PepMK advises is applicable to you, if not please post back with some more details.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2008-08-05 at 08:50.