Thread: Selective Immunization

Default Selective Immunization

I have quite a number of profiles of Firefox and Seamonkey and I don,t feel the necessity of immunizing all of them. Unchecking some of these profiles does not help because these are checked automatically during the next immunization.

2. Any way out ??

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

ntechie:

Using Spybot 1.6.0.30 my observations and yours do not agree. If I go into Spybot » Immunize, uncheck items and then exit Spybot, the next time I go into Spybot » Immunize the list of items selected for immunization is exactly as I left it before exiting Spybot. The information for the list of checked/unchecked items is retained in the Immunization.ini file store in on of the following locations:
    • Windows 95 or 98:
      C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
    • Windows ME:
      C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
    • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
    • Vista:
      C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy

Does the User Account that you are having problems with have the authority to create and modify that file?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    ntechie:

If I go into Spybot » Immunize, uncheck items and then exit Spybot, the next time I go into Spybot » Immunize the list of items selected for immunization is exactly as I left it before exiting Spybot.
    2. Followed the procedure as above but did not work in win98 as well as winXP. All the profiles were found checked on restarting spybot.

3. The list in Document and Setting shows the complete list of profiles as if none were unchecked.

4. For the time being I would leave it as it is.

ntechie,

I have one XP-Home SP2, one XP-Home SP3 and one XP-Pro SP3, all with Spybot 1.6, and I can confirm md usa spybot fan's comment that what ever boxes are ticked and whatever boxes are unticked remain the same after program exit, reboot, and re-opening of the Immunise screen.

I suggest you try starting with all of the items ticked and then completely un-immunising (undo) them all. Then untick the ones you don't want immunised and then do the immunise.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

ntechie:

Back to basics. What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running (Spybot » Help » About)?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    .... exit, reboot, and re-opening of the Immunise screen.
    2. Did not work on win98. Haven,t tried on winXP.

3. I am using the latest version 1.6.0.30.