Thread: Spybot slowing down IE

Default Spybot slowing down IE

I have an issue with Spybot, that it seems that the immunization feature is causing IE8 (final) to start slowly (10 seconds +) and opening anew tab would be about 5 seconds +. It suddenly occurred to me that the registry files for the immunization might cause the slowdown. So I turned off everything (Spybot addon, immunization, spywareblaster). For every thing that I turn off, IE starts a little faster, and when everything was turned off, IE was now super fast! (loads in 1 second). I did restart to remove it from the cache, but I am wondering if I am the only one experiencing this issue.

Right now I have only enabled the hosts file immunization because as far as I know, IE doesnt really load that file when opening a tab.

I am still experimenting with it, but my computer is dell latitude E6400 (P8600 2.4Ghz, 3GB RAM, 80GB Hard disk, Vista premium).

I also experienced the same thing with my desktop (E4300, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD) freshly formatted with XP.. IE8 loads so slow when all the immunization is loaded..

Any comments are helpful..

Hi marche,

IE 8 RC1 worked fine, perhaps this problem is based on Microsoft... it wouldn't be the first time.

You can't expect that Spybot automatically supports newer versions of internet browsers.
    Last edited by Matt; 2009-03-21 at 14:39.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Hello marche,

Quote Originally Posted by marche View Post
    but I am wondering if I am the only one experiencing this issue.
    Please see the IE Blog, http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...lable-now.aspx

Also, http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=46906

Best regards.
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-03-21 at 17:00. Reason: added link
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016