Thread: question about 1.6

Default question about 1.6

I have recently updated to 1.6, and my computer is a lot slower, and every time i go to a website that has a video it automatically starts playing now, i have another spyware/adware program and right after i updated to 1.6 my other spyware found 2 problems one of which was supposidly a hijacker virus, but spybot didnt find it, and it happend right after i updated to 1.6......if anybody else has any answers to the problems i would be thankful, if not i might just have to uninstall 1.6...thanks alot to anybody who can help.

Don't videos on the web start by auto-play? Unless there is a play button for the user to choose.

What were the entries that Spybot was detecting?

Take a visit to the Malware Forums and see if you would like to start a thread there (acquire assistance).

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Don't videos on the web start by auto-play? Unless there is a play button for the user to choose.

What were the entries that Spybot was detecting?

Take a visit to the Malware Forums and see if you would like to start a thread there (acquire assistance).
    every website im talking about has that play button for the user to choose, and the 1.6 spybot was not detecting anything it was my other spyware/adware program that is really old...... ive seen that alot of other people are having similar problems with 1.6

Have you attempted to disable Spybot-SD's SDHelper" (Resident Shield for Internet Explorer)?

I'm not sure how Spybot-SD may be interfering or be possible "triggering" a auto-play. Is the auto-play becoming a problem for you?

Can you give a example of a site which has the "play" button (for you to press) and that something is triggering it's auto-play?

Also what is that anti-spyware program called?

Have you attempted to disable Spybot-SD's SDHelper" (Resident Shield for Internet Explorer)?

I'm not sure how Spybot-SD may be interfering or be possible "triggering" a auto-play. Is the auto-play becoming a problem for you?

Can you give a example of a site which has the "play" button (for you to press) and that something is triggering it's auto-play?

Also what is that anti-spyware program called?
    yes i have done that, and its any site, like mlb.com, the anti-spyware program that detected those things right after i updated to 1.6 was an old aol anti-spyware i had back when i was using aol a long time ago....and the auto play is getting very annyoing i wonder if i can just uninstall 1.6 and go back to 1.5

You mean the AOL software powered by Kaspersky (unsupported)? This can be a potential false positive.

Have you uninstalled the 'old' AOL anti-spyware and use another another one?

Does this occur in other browsers? You might as well give it a shot.

yes ive uninstalled it and used a new one, but to be honest with you i dont know why all of this happend when i updated to the new 1.6....i was happy with the other one, but i dont know why my computer is acting like this and why it is significally slower...and ideas to change things would be helpful

Lightbulb when you upgraded to.......

spybot's latest version, did you first uninstall spybot and then install the latest version?

Quote Originally Posted by braves2007 View Post
    yes ive uninstalled it and used a new one...
    I'm also curious about that "hijacker" virus/spyware you mentioned in your first post. And what did you mean when you said you used a "new" one?

Can you explain what you meant, when you said... when your computer was "significantly" slower?

To tell you, I really don't think Spybot-SD may be the culprit. And there are other variables that might explain the "slowness" of your computer. I can't explain to you what happened with the "auto-play" trigger either.

Have you done a disk defragment lately? Can you clear the cache, temp. files, and cookies from your browsers?

What anti-virus program do you use? How about a firewall?

What is your Operating System?

brave, you've posted a log in the Malware Forums, which lacked a HiJack This log. I don't think you've read the 'Before You Post' sticky.

In addition, you haven't responded to my post.
    --
    I'm also curious about that "hijacker" virus/spyware you mentioned in your first post. And what did you mean when you said you used a "new" one?

Can you explain what you meant, when you said... when your computer was "significantly" slower?
    You need some work to do.