Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spybot 1.6.0 won't let me log onto non-administrator accounts

Hmmm...

How did you close Spybot-S&D?

This sounds very much like Spybot-S&D closed unexpectedly (like might happen when updating). Spybot-S&D opens other user accounts to scan them, and when it's closed the hard way, they are kept open.

So, if the update tells you you need to reboot, you really need to reboot, just logging off and on again does not help After the reboot, everything will be accessible again.

Also, if not the update was at fault: never close Spybot-S&D using the Task Manager to kill the process!

Finally, if this repeatedly happens even though you close it regularly, you can update the link to start Spybot-S&D by adding a " /nohives" (without the quotes) to the command line in the shortcut to have it avoid touching other users (which, again, is just temporary until Spybot-S&D is properly closed or you reboot).
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Hmm... One time I did use the Task Manager to End Task because I immunized by accident when I previously un-immunized to test if that was the problem.

I will try /nohives, allowing proper reboots and proper updates. BRB

IT WORKED! Wow. Weird.

I did use /nohives and I did a reboot after installation of Spybot and it allows me to log on to different user accounts.

You were right. Before, I just updated Spybot and immediately tried to log back onto my other accounts(which didn't work).

Thank you very much. I feel dumb. Thanks though

Well, the dumb question is the one not asked.

One odd thing is that, even though I was able to log into the Limited Account, I faced a pause (blackscreen) and then the user desktop loaded. However, there was something odd going on the the TaskManager, because two (2) SYSTEM services were running plus a few other processes. That only summed up to 10 processes, and TaskManager was reporting 44 processes.