Thread: Spybot returns "no immediate threats were found" for the past three months.

Default Spybot returns "no immediate threats were found" for the past three months.

Hello. Starting about three months ago every time I run "Check For Problems" Spybot always returns "No immediate threats." I have upgraded to 1.6, immunization seems to work, but nothing is found. Prior to this there were many items found every time I ran with new threat definitions. Your thoughts?

Lightbulb Maybe.....

your machine is clean now Thats always a good thing. haha.

Anyway, the older spybot versions usually found more items because the SD helper at the time was not trained to block it. However, since many of these tracking cookies and other things are now blocked before they reach your computer, spybot does not detect anything because they are blocked.

Also, if you want spybot to detect more items, select all checks to be run. If things are found, they are not dangerous, but are some tracking cookies or other things the SD helper missed, your history of files you have opened on your computer, etc. The default scan in just the regular spyware scan. (you will find this option under file checks.)
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-08-23 at 20:55.