Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing Ad.Yoeld.Manager

Default Removing Ad.Yoeld.Manager

How can I remove ad.yield.manager? Also, how can I prevent it from coming back? Spybot does not seem to recognize it. I understand that HiJack This will remove it, but then one needs to know which files to remove. Thanks for any help.

Hi there,

Which version of Spybot-S&D are you running, open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About. There you will find version and date of last definitions.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hi, I'm using Spybot Search & Destroy version 1.6.0.31 with latest detection update 8/27/2008. Thanks

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Kent1974:

You indicated that you would like advice on how to remove "ad.yield.manager" and also indicated "Spybot does not seem to recognize it".

Please document what leads you to believe that you have "ad.yield.manager". Is other anti-spyware software you are running (include logs if possible) or some other factors that lead you to believe you have "ad.yield.manager" spyware?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hi,
    I noticed it when I am in my Yahoo Mail account. If I Press the tab for the drop-down menu for the browser's back function (Internet Exporer, version 7) This URL appears as the last website having been visited: http://ad.yield.manager.com/st?ad_type=i.

I have tried clearing my cache and deleting temp files, but that doesn't get rid of it. Neither Spyblaster nor Spybot detect anything. Thanks
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-08-29 at 23:43. Reason: disabled link

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Kent1974:

Are you getting messages concerning "ad.yield.manager.com". If so, can you indicate what those messages are?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

No, I haven't received any messages, nor have I had any problem with pop-ups. The only problem I detect is when I try to use my browser's 'back' button to go to a previously viewed page. The only way I can do that is to use the drop down menu and scroll past that url. Of course, I'm also wary of any spyware problems.

My computer takes a long time to go through the reboot process (~15 minutes), so I am suspicious of the ad.yield.manager, but don't know if there is a cause and effect relationship.

this happens because yield.manager is blocked by your hostsfile i think, it has happened before to me but when using the hostsserver in hostsman it works ok and the backbutton works.

ok, that would explain why it does not show up when I scan with Spybot. However, if it is an indication that ad.yield.manager has been blocked, from where is it attacking--Yahoo Mail?

if you have hostsman it has a log that shows you what site are blocked but i think the log shows up only when using the hostsserver. it can also log the referrer if you enable that option. i dont know if it is allowed to recommend hostsman on this forums.
    Last edited by blues; 2008-08-29 at 22:02.