Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Chrome

I've tested Portable Version of Google Chrome named Chromium.
    It's same like Google Chrome but it's portable.
    It looks nice and simple, but it only supports Windows XP SP2 and higher.
    If there is no privacy implications and Google Updater, maybe the browser would by my favorite.
    I will install Google Chrome when the Privacy Policy shows that my private data is not taken to Google or other companies.

Smile No more Chrome-urges!

To be honest now, I have moved straight back to FF for the main reason - add-ons (OT: Im currently loving 'Secure Login' add-on, the keyboard shortcuts to logins is a major time-saver). Also I actually find that Chrome is slower at loading heavy multimedia (and of course buggier since its a beta)

To go along with the minimal ui, I just installed a nice theme - Did the trick. No more Chrome-urges (but I haven't gone as far as uninstalling it though )
    Last edited by honda12; 2008-10-27 at 21:20.

Some pros and cons for Google Chrome from magazine:
    Pros: Look, speed, good showing pages, functionality, simplicity, easy to use, almost available in all languages.
    Cons: Privacy implications, installation only over internet connection, incomplete uninstallation, zoom, possible hangs, no 3rd party add-ons, other browsers are still somehow more useable for advanced/expert users.
    Comment about the program: "Google is on a right way, but still needs to somehow loose with tracking of whole life."

This information was copied and translated from a magazine.
    Note: This has been translated and there can be come confusion. The name of magazine has been removed just because of unexpected implications.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.K View Post
    Cons: Privacy implications, installation only over internet connection, incomplete uninstallation, zoom, possible hangs, no 3rd party add-ons, other browsers are still somehow more useable for advanced/expert users.
    This may be true but there is going to be 3rd party add-ons comming to the browser very soon.
    For the fastest, safest browsing experience get Google Chrome

Google chrome is now in alpha v 2.0 stage to go here http://www.pcworld.com/article/15677...chrome_20.html to download it
    For the fastest, safest browsing experience get Google Chrome

Thumbs up Ad-Blocking!

Finally got my ad blocking!

Lifehacker Story: AdSweep Blocks Ads in Google Chrome and Opera

It doesn't get rid as many ads as the Ad-block Plus extension for Firefox, but it does work.

Since I had the latest 2.0 alpha I had to create a 'User Scripts' folder in:

Vista
    Google Chrome: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

Windows XP
    Google Chrome: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

Then, extract the 'AdSweep.js' file after downloading it from the AdSweep site and rename it to 'AdSweep.user.js'. Stick it in the newly created 'User Scripts' folder, and add the --enable-user-scripts to Chrome's shortcut target properties.
    Last edited by honda12; 2009-01-28 at 18:34.

Unhappy Adsweep Discontinued

Adsweep Discontinued

Just got this message from Charles:

Hello,

Due to lack of time, lack of technical support, and despite repeated requests with no feedback, I sadly had to discontinue the AdSweep project. You can still download it and tweak the source code to your needs if you know how to do so. I will no longer remove ads on demand. Thanks to those who have helped me.

Charles.
    Such a shame - would have helped if I knew css (I did however offer to mow his lawn)

I havenīt tried it but am FIREFOX USER 4 LIFE