Thread: Advanced option buttons not working

Question Advanced option buttons not working

Hi, after running a check and playing around with scheduling I found the advanced buttons would not work. Although they are at the bottom of the left pane they do absolutely nothing! Then whilst registering for this forum I was going to my e mail program and having S$D running on the desktop found the buttons were working again! Not sure whats going on. BTW I had tried a restart and running in both my Admin and user profile, any ideas? thanks.

What Operating System are you running?

Can you be a little more clear and concise about your situation? What is this "Advanced Button'.

Default More detail

Hi Drragostea
    I am running XP Pro SP3. By advanced I meant the buttons for settings, tools etc. that become available in "Advanced Mode" and appear in the bottom of the left pane.
    Also there is a little more detail; the check found a few adware's "doubleclick" "fastclick" etc which I allowed it to clean, no major dangers I think. I also cleaned some invalid path entries from the registry and invalid logon entries. After this I was asked by SB whether to allow changes upon changing between my admin and user profiles, these I allowed. I had recently changed my user profile from admin rights to power user for safety reasons after reading about spyware. I think these logon changes were from that but I was a little surprised as these were caried out before I installed SB. The schedules I set up were a weekly scan and a daily update.
    Thankyou for you interest.

I apologize DarkTomato.

My current situation is this ().

I'll need a few more details. The situation is that you cannot access 'Advanced Mode' (Mode>Advanced Mode>Okay) in the Spybot GUI?
    PS: The Mode setting is retained until to switch it back to Normal Mode.

Or are you attempting to access Advanced Mode during a Spybot-SD scan (should work with no problems)? What version is Spybot-Search&Destroy (Help>About)?

If you used Spybot's "Registry" tool (assuming you know what it is) then, you can 'Allow' the registry prompts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktomato
    I think these logon changes were from that but I was a little surprised as these were caried out before I installed SB.
    Can you explain a little more about this ()?
    --
    The scan results of: "DoubleClick" and "FastClick" are just merely tracking cookies. There is no harm to removing them.

No problem Drragostea

Yes I did use and allow SB's registry checker and I did allow changes but I don't think this caused any problem. The problem seemed to appear after setting up scheduled events ie. update and scan once a week.

BTW i'm in advanced mode, have been since loading the program the latest version I think...1.06.03.

The buttons are visible but when clicked upon do not respond! nothing! just like there ignoring me