Thread: Help: problem after logging in; I think it has something to do with Spybot/Teatimer

Default Help: problem after logging in; I think it has something to do with Spybot/Teatimer

I am using Windows XP on my macbook, and I have a problem I don't quite understand:

Whenever I log into my account, I am unable to click on anything. I could move my mouse around the screen, but still couldn't click on anything. I was stuck. Being unable to click anything, there was absolutely nothing I could do, not even log out.

When this happens, I close my Macbook, it goes into standby, and when I open it again, I return to the log in screen. If I log back into my account, I was still stuck. So I log into another account. Fortunately, I don't get stuck in any other account except my own. Then I use Spybot to search for problems and immnunized them. And when I return to my account, which was still logged in, I was able to click again. Everything was back to normal.

But when I'm done using my computer, I shut it off. And next time when I log back into my account, I get stuck again. So I followed the same steps and used Spybot in another account (I always find problems whenever I use Spybot).

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Here are some observations that I made:

- When I get stuck and click on anything, somehow I'm still able to press the Apple button and open up the Windows START menu, but I still couldn't select anything, not even with the d-pad and enter button.

- Only my account gets stuck. I don't have this problem with the guest account or my brother's account.

- My keyboard settings are kinda messed up, so I couldn't go to the Windows Task Manager by pressing [ctrl+alt+del]

- I go to the the Windows Task Manager a lot when I use my computer. A while ago, I went to the Processes list and I saw that the Teatimer used more than 40,000 K (maybe 50,000 K?) of Mem Usage. But ever since I had this problem, the Teatimer only uses 92 K. Does this mean anything?

- The Teatimer icon doesn't appear in the taskbar at the bottom-right of the screen anymore, but it still appears in the Processes list in the Windows Task Manager. Does this mean anything?

Can somebody please help me?
    Last edited by heyyou; 2008-09-07 at 08:10.