Thread: Spybot

Default Spybot

I downloaded spynot and then had a hard time running a few programs like facebook. I eneded up having red x's in place of pictures etc. I went and tried to find spybot on the computer but could not find it so reloaded it to recover the work I had done but when I hit recover, it only took into those files which were added after the last download. HOw do I recover all the files that SPybot removed or quaranteened etc. PLease help me out here....

Lightbulb Are you sure you downloaded....

The real spybot?

1.) Where did you download and install spybot from?

2.) In spybot, under recovery, you can recover items that you have removed.

Spybot-Search&Destroy does not intervene with your browsing session, less anything else. Do you have a pop-up blocker software or some sort of add-on? What version is Spybot (Help>About)?

What is your Operating System?

FYI, FaceBook is not a program. It is a social website. So it's more like a domain you visit via your web browser.

You can find out what Spybot fixed in the Recovery tab. Can you list a few of the entries?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

dideyjohn:

What internet browser are you using to access the Web sites "... like facebook" when the "... red x's in place of pictures ..." problem occurs?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Help

I had no issues with facebook or any file before spybot. I use IE 7.0 but still see the red x x coming up a lot - why?

and most backgrounds are white instead of colorful like before

dideyjohn:

If you are using Internet Explorer, the problem with "... red x's in place of pictures ..." may be because those objects are not pictures but advertisements being blocked by Spybot's SDHelper. To see if it is Spybot's SDHelper:
    • Disable SDHelper as follows:
      • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
      • Uncheck the following:
        • Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker) active..
    • Exit Internet Explorer and restart it.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default red x's

I disabled it like you said but it may have been immunized before - when I tried to restore all the items, it would not allow me to do that - have version 1.6.0.30

dideyjohn:

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you indicating that immunization "Undo" is not working?

Default red x

undo ios not working another way?