Thread: Request

Default Request

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for new features, but something about spybot has been bugging me for years. I use spybot everyday to clean systems and this is the only real gripe i have with it.
    You know when spybot can't fix everything and asks to reboot then runs the whole scan again...
    What exactly is the point of that?
    I mean, why doesnt spybot just reboot and load before everything else the first time you run it so its always just one scan..it would save so much time.

Hello,

Spybot - Search & Destroy can not delete all files. Some files used by Windows are running in the background. If you would delete these files before the application they are involved in your system would be instable. But if you restart your System Spybot - Search & Destroy can find and destroy them, before they are activated. That is the reason why you sometimes have to restart your system after the scan has finished.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Um..maybe you didnt read closely.
    It is a huge waste of time to run a scan (lets say it takes 10min)
    and then have to reboot and run a full scan again (another 10min).
    If spybot would just assume at the beginning that some files are in use (even if they arent) and just reboot the first time you run it,
    you would only have to scan once and it would save 10min of time.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsith View Post
    Um..maybe you didnt read closely.
    It is a huge waste of time to run a scan (lets say it takes 10min)
    and then have to reboot and run a full scan again (another 10min).
    If spybot would just assume at the beginning that some files are in use (even if they arent) and just reboot the first time you run it,
    you would only have to scan once and it would save 10min of time.
    Caitsith,

Start Spybot, put it into Advanced mode (Click on Mode, then Advanced then click on Yes). Now goto Tools, then Settings. Now click on Settings to open the settings page. Scroll down until you find System Start. You now have two options. The first is to select Automatically run program at System Startup - I think you will get sick of that fairly quickly. The second is Run program once at next system startup. If you select that the next time you reboot, Spybot will run. So if you go into Spybot and select this option when you want to do your scan instead of starting your scan, then reboot, when Spybot runs at bootup do your scan and you should have achieved what you want - the saving of the additional scan.

Hope this helps