Thread: TeaTimer gone

Default TeaTimer gone

Apparently TeaTimer stopped working the other night. I tried rebooting and when that didn't help I tried to re-install Spybot. I received an error message that it wasn't a Win 32 program? or something about Win 32.

I still have Spybot working as usual, but no Tea Timer. So I don't understand the message about Win 32.

Sorry I didn't write down the entire error message.

Would appreciate any help.

Open Spybot->click Mode->Advanced Mode->Tools->Resident.Is there a checkmark by Resident "Teatimer"?

You received that error message when reinstalling Spybot?

Any chance it might have been this error message?
    Not a valid Win32 application

Yes, I'm fairly certain that was the message.

I had already checked that there was a check mark by TeaTimer and there was.

Which brings me to this question. Why are some of the items bolded in green and some in yellow?

Anyway, I read something about re-installing Spybot to correct this TeaTimer issue. But when I went to do that, that's when I received the error message.

Perhaps I should have un-installed it first?

What is really bizarre is that a friend this morning had a problem with the System Protection deal which I also did and found out that had to do with Spybot. That's when I noticed that TeaTimer wasn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Any chance it might have been this error message?
    Zenobia, any chance malware has to do with this? I mean like disabling the functions of anti-spyware applications?

Talk about weird. Today I noticed that Spybot Resident is once more residing in my system tray.

Just a fluke you think that was solved when I totally powered down and restarted?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Zenobia, any chance malware has to do with this? I mean like disabling the functions of anti-spyware applications?
    I can't be sure. You'll need Zenobia to figure it out.

Couldn't tell yet,needed to fish around more.As it looks now,probably not.

Which brings me to this question. Why are some of the items bolded in green and some in yellow?
    That should be the System Startup area of Spybot,correct?Thats not where you check to see if resident is checkmarked,though it will tell you if there is a startup entry for teatimer.
    The quote below is from the help file,it explains the colour coding:
    This tool lists all programs that are started at Windows startup. If those items are in the database coming with Spybot-S&D, it will display some more information about them. It also allows you to disable (and enable) items, as well as delete them, change them or insert new items.

The entries will be displayed in different colours:

• Green: legitimate program
    • Yellow: unknown, unneeded or unambiguous program (e.g. malware programs might use the same file name as legitimate programs)
    • Red: malicious program
    Not a valid Win32 application:
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000726.htm
    (Perhaps the spybot installer became corrupted.)

It could have been a fluke.Next time,if Teatimer disappears from the notification area,open Task Manager,and see if Teatimer is listed in there under Processes.

If Teatimer stops working again,please post back.

Thanks for all the help. I did look in the wrong place to begin with.

I did re-check the correct area and both items had a check mark. Wish I had checked the correct spot to begin with.

Thanks for the other info on the color thing.

You're welcome.Have a good day.Remember to post back if you have any more problems.