Thread: Queries about Teatimer 1.6.3.25

Question Queries about Teatimer 1.6.3.25

Query (1)
    The padlock on the Teatimer task bar icon no longer appears to move when processes are being scanned - is this by design or has the mechanism been broken in the latest issue.

Query (2)
    On previous version of Teatimer, double clicking on the Teatimer icon in the task bar has started or opened the main Spybot program. On 1.6.3.25 it doesn't on two XP SP3 PC's but does on an XP SP2 PC. All are running Spybot 1.6.0.30 with the latest updates, all have the same Avast 4.8.1229 AV and all have Zone Alarm Firewall 7.0.483.000. None have any other resident antispyware software. On the two PC's where it no longer opens the main program, the main program can still be opened from the Run Spybot S &D in the task bar icon right click menu, and when Teatimer 1.6.3.25 is replaced by 1.6.2.23 both the double click to start the main program (and the moving padlock) work again.

The new style tray icon code (provided by the development environment instead of self-written like the old one) was the reason for the crashes (out of resources) some users experienced, so we stepped back to the old code again, just updated it with the balloon addition, but not with animations. Feedback on those was mostly negative anyway, and since the process scanning got much faster, its reason is kind of gone as well.

That means double-clicking should work or net work as in the 1.6.0 version...
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    The new style tray icon code (provided by the development environment instead of self-written like the old one) was the reason for the crashes (out of resources) some users experienced, so we stepped back to the old code again, just updated it with the balloon addition, but not with animations. Feedback on those was mostly negative anyway, and since the process scanning got much faster, its reason is kind of gone as well.
    Thank you, I understand that.

That means double-clicking should work or net work as in the 1.6.0 version...
    I don't really understand this. On the two PC's where double clicking on the icon didn't work with Teatimer 1.6.3.25, I fully uninstalled Spybot, downloaded the current 1.6.0.30 package again, and installed it. It installed Teatimer 1.6.0.20, and the double click worked. I replaced that with 1.6.2.23 and the double click also worked, I replaced that with 1.6.3.25 and it stopped working. Assuming that 1.6.2.25 is the latest release, then I believe it does have a problem. As I stated before, it doesn't work on two XP SP3 PC's but it does work (double click that is) on a XP SP2 PC.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Greyfox:
    PepiMK:

re: "System settings protector" (TeaTimer) 1.6.3.25

Now I have a mystery on my hands (you both seem to be correct).

When Greyfox first posted, I tried double clicking on the Spybot-SD Resident (TeaTimer) icon and SpyborSD.exe did not load. There was a brief (maybe one second) display of an hourglass but SpyborSD.exe did not load. I tried double clicking several times and each time I had the same results. Note: The right click "Run Spybot-S&D" option worked fine.

After Greyfox’s second post, I again tried double clicking on the Spybot-SD Resident (TeaTimer) icon a couple of times and SpyborSD.exe did not load. Now all of a sudden double clicking the icon is working and loads SpyborSD.exe.

I have not been able to figure out what circumstances changed so that SpyborSD.exe is now loading when I double click on the icon.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.