Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to immunize to existing previous updated hosts in Windows 2000 SP4?

Default Unable to immunize to existing previous updated hosts in Windows 2000 SP4?

Hi!

Is it me or is the latest non-beta SpyBot having problems immunizing its last week's hosts file in an updated Windows 2000 SP4? I had to restore original hosts file before modified by Spybot and immunized.

Last week, I couldn't add one line to the global hosts file. Last night, I couldn't add 38 lines. I attached a zipped file copy of last week's hosts file that I tried to update last night.

Thank you in advance.

Question

Yesterday, I tried to update again with the latest updates and SpyBot showed 30 entries in the hosts file.

No one know what's up? :(

Spybot>Immunize tab> and click on the Immunize button (Green Cross). If not, Undo the Immunization and Redo it.

Do you have any other software that may be conflicting? Webroot SpySweeper? ZoneAlarm?

Lightbulb

Just to add to that list, the Comodo Pro Firewall also has a conflict with Spybot's Immunizing feature if the Firewall and Defence+ features are not placed in Training mode and Installation mode activated.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Spybot>Immunize tab> and click on the Immunize button (Green Cross). If not, Undo the Immunization and Redo it.

Do you have any other software that may be conflicting? Webroot SpySweeper? ZoneAlarm?
    I did use that Immune tab. How do you think I immuned? :P I also tried undo and reimmune, but that takes longer than restoring my original hosts backup file. :( It seems it can't immunize fully if SpyBot already has its own lines from previous immunizations.

Did you read my post? I said, Immunize and click on the Immunize button again, which means Immunizing again.
    The tab will only show you your status, while clicking on the green cross literally Immunizes.

Also, is there any software that may be conflicting?

Question

Did you read my post? I said, Immunize and click on the Immunize button again, which means Immunizing again.
    The tab will only show you your status, while clicking on the green cross literally Immunizes.

Also, is there any software that may be conflicting?
    Yes, I did that since I wanted to get zero unprotected values.

As for software. The only thing I can think of is: Palm HotSync, Symantec Norton AntiVirus CE, wireless network stuff, etc.

It didn't work did it? I apologize, but I'm out of ideas. I hope someone will step up and see if they can resolve your query.

Question

It didn't work did it? I apologize, but I'm out of ideas. I hope someone will step up and see if they can resolve your query.
    Oh well, thanks anyways. I wonder why it has no problems with a default untampered hosts file.

Does SpyBot have debugging or logs for immunization?

Quote Originally Posted by antdude View Post
    Does SpyBot have debugging or logs for immunization?
    Not that I'm aware of.