Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disable Single File On Demand Scanner

Yes Doug, that is the most prudent course we see as well and we have adjusted the way we install SpyBot as well. Shame, it's a cool feature.

My hope is that we will be able to provide PepiMK with data that may be of some assistance to them. We are staunch supporters of the work being done and are only too pleased to be of any service what so ever.

For myself I must say that I am very pleased also by the level of professionalism I have encountered on this forum. Too many times these forums degrade into over blown chat rooms and it's hard to find real answers, I hate having to use them, this was an excellent experience.

Between some PE testing and 2.0 porting we played a bit with standard context menu enhancement DLLs. Works fine with 32 bit, haven't compiled a 64 bit version yet. It's in the form of a submenu now, so that we'll be able to place multiple items there without taking more space on the main page (e.g. the file "killer" and the shredder which some people wanted in the context menu). Now we just need a 12x12 small bitmap for the context menu and some testing whether the DLL implementation would avoid the auto-opening of the file scanner (from the documentation, I would say so). It also seems the DLL is only in memory when the context menu is opened, so it doesnt mean permanent additional memory wasting.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Lower Single File On Demand Scanner

Quote Originally Posted by Rogertheshrubber View Post
    How do I disable the On Demand Single File Scanner feature in SD 1.6.0? It is interfering with the use of installation files stored on our wiki page. Instead of the install running this scanner runs on the file but the install never begins. This results in a lot of calls from our non-tech-savvy employees slowing things down and defeating the purpose of having the files on our wiki to begin with. Help!!
    All I want to do is lower this in the right click menu, from the first choice, to the second, or third or whatever. I would still like to be able to use it.

When it's first on the list, it is what gets activated when programs are installed from the control panel. So, for msi files I need this behavior changed. Oddly it doesn't seem to be a problem for exe files.

Thanks.