Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't Immunize Internet Explorer Completely

Default My Reply

I have windows me.

Sorry,Miskeepuff.I meant TygerStar079,but forgot to write their nick.

Default My OS

Hi, I'm running windows millennium. Does that make a difference in how it works? TygerStar

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

TygerStar079:

Quote Originally Posted by Miskeepuff
    Hi, I can't seem to completely immunize internet explorer using Spybot S&D version 1.4. It says 6 more immunizations possible. When I click to immunize it says everything is immunized. When I check again, the 6 more immunizations possible message is back. What's the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan
    If you are running Windows 98, 98SE or ME, it is just a bug in the counting of immunized items and does not affect the actual immunization process.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Smile

This problem plagued me for a long time on all 4 of my networked machines until I read the postings above. My problem was solved by disabling Webroot Spy Sweeper whilst doing the immunisation.

Alan

Default RE: Can't Immunize Internet Explorer Completely

Well, only problem is, I don't have Webroot Spy Sweeper. I only have IESpyads, Ad-Aware, and Zone Alarm Pro which has a spyware scanner in it. And I think Spybot S&D is interfering with Zone Alarm Pro, too, because I can't get it to scan all files. It will only do a quick scan no matter how many times I select to scan all files or deep scan. So I'm wondering what the problem is here. Are these programs in conflict with each other? I'm having this problem with both windows me and windows xp (two computers). So it has to be more than just a glitch. Cheers, TygerStar

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

TygerStar:

Quote Originally Posted by TygerStar079
    … And I think Spybot S&D is interfering with Zone Alarm Pro, too, because I can't get it to scan all files. It will only do a quick scan no matter how many times I select to scan all files or deep scan. So I'm wondering what the problem is here. Are these programs in conflict with each other?
    Spybot's immunization is a passive protection. When you immunize entries are added to the system Registry. This blocks cookies from some sites, places other sites in the restricted zone and blocks the download/execution of selected ActiveX scripts. There is no way that Spybot's immunization should interfere with scans by any anti-spyware product.

To verify this, remove Spybot's immunization by going into Spybot > Immunize > then click "Undo" at the top of the right hand panel. Rerun your Zone Alarm Pro scan and see of the problem is or is not occurring.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.