Thread: Immunize - Latest Update - Vista (64-bit)

Default Immunize - Latest Update - Vista (64-bit)

I have two systems running SpyBot 1.6. My main system is a XP Home SP3 desktop and the second is a Vista SP1 (64-bit) laptop that was new in July. I update both systems weekly and until yesterday have had no problems with either.

Yesterday, the Vista system processed all the updates, including the CMD line operation. However, after the auto reboot of SpyBot I ran Immunize and the count did not change from 92007. It did not include the new items to be Immunized as I saw on my XP system (approximately 586 or so additional).

I've tried everything I can think of except uninstalling, deleting everything and reinstalling SpyBot.

If I re-download SpyBot, will it include the fix received yesterday in the updates?

Vista is a PITA.....

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Calburbhunter:

Quite frankly I can not relate to the numbers that you posted.

It may be helpful if you indicated the category (Profile) being immunized where you are observing a discrepancy between the XP and Vista systems. i.e.:

Code:

Firefox

Default (Cookies) – XP Count – Vista Count
    Default (Images) – XP Count – Vista Count
    Default (Installations) – XP Count – Vista Count
    Default (Popups) – XP Count – Vista Count

Internet Explorer (32 Bit)

\Software (Cookies) – XP Count – Vista Count
    \Software (Domains) – XP Count – Vista Count
    \Software (IPs) – XP Count – Vista Count
    \Software (Plugins) – XP Count – Vista Count

Internet Explorer (32/64 Bit)

.DEFAULT (Cookies) – XP Count – Vista Count
    .DEFAULT (Domains) – XP Count – Vista Count
    .DEFAULT (IPs) – XP Count – Vista Count
    .DEFAULT (Plugins) – XP Count – Vista Count
    UserAccount (Cookies) – XP Count – Vista Count
    UserAccount (Domains) – XP Count – Vista Count
    UserAccount (IPs) – XP Count – Vista Count
    UserAccount (Plugins) – XP Count – Vista Count
    …
    …
    Windows

Global(Hosts)

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intelฎ Pentiumฎ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Per my previous post, that's the best I can tell you. The Vista system was already immunized. After the auto reboot, when I went to run immunize, the Start and End Immunization count remained the same. There were no new additional items. This is not what I had experienced on my XP system. Currently, the Total count immunized on the XP system is over 111,000 items.

To me, this indicated that the CMD line operation and Immunization special update did not work. I'm wondering why and what is the fix...

Smile

Calburbhunter,

As md usa spybot fan has said, you need to post the individual figures for each catagory - the total is somewhat meaningless because it varies depending on what browsers are installed and what user accounts there are. For example, on an XP SP3 PC, with Internet Explorer 7 and no other browsers, and only one account, the total for the current detection update (5/11/2008) is 71,042, well below the figure you have stated.