Thread: BHO Key deleted - Deny button grayed out

Default BHO Key deleted - Deny button grayed out

Hi Friends,
    I've just gotten an alert from Spybot S&D, for BHO Key deleted - that I'm not sure about. Therefore, I want to deny it. But the Deny button is grayed out.

Does this mean it's ok to Allow this change?

FYI, I had to install Java the other day, for a one-time use, so I've been denying any substantial changes, since I don't really expect to use it in the future. Other alerts have come from WinPatrol, which I've denied those changes, and I suspect the S&D alert is a result of my denial of a WinPatrol alert. But there's no information in the Info button, so I can't be sure.

Is there anything about the way S&D works, where it recognizes other programs' actions (like WinPatrol), and therefore grays out a button in support of that action?

Thanks for your help

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

brynn:

On changes such as the removal of a Browser Helper Object (Value deleted), the "Deny change" is grayed out because by the time TeaTimer recognizes the Registry change the underlying code for the BHO has been deleted and denying the change would do no good to save the BHO from being deleted and just leave an orphaned registry entry.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks md usa spybot fan