Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Denied a Change I Should Have Allowed

Default I Denied a Change I Should Have Allowed

I am using Windows Vista Home Basic on my laptop and have recently installed Spybot 1.6.30.0. I denied access to FlashPlayer and need to reserve that decision, but I cannot.

I opened Spybot, went to Tools, and clicked on Resident and am able to see this (among others):

11/8/2008 7:57:36 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "FlashPlayerUpdate" (new data: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe -p") added in System Startup user entry!

I have clicked on Resident in my icon tray (I do not have an icon there for Tea Timer) and clicked on settings to view my Black & White list. I thought I would be able to change my action to allow here, but nothing is showing up.

I don't know what else to try. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In cases where you have chosen "Remember my Decision" and Allowed/Denied it, it is simple to reverse it. However, if it is a one time only registry prompt and you have mistakenly Allowed or Denied it, it is impossible to undo it because the change has already been done. What you'll have to do is redo what you just did (in this case, reinstall Flash Player).
    -
    Is it Adobe Flash Player from this link?:
    http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    -
    I'm not aware that Adobe Flash Player has a automatic updater (unless it is an older version).

My suggestion is that if you have an older version and you have the Flash Player I mentioned in the link above, you should uninstall the one you have (Programs Window) and upgrade to a new one.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

DonsWife:

There is no facility within TeaTimer to reverse any Registry change decisions ("Allow change" or "Deny change") that you make. You have to redo whatever you were doing so that the Registry change is done again (or manually edit the Registry).

You can remove "Remember this decision" entries by using the Black & White list, but that does not change or reverse registry entries, it only affects the way that TeaTimer handles future registry changes.

_____

In regard to the particular registry entry that you denied, please read the following:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    DonsWife:

There is no facility within TeaTimer to reverse any Registry change decisions ("Allow change" or "Deny change") that you make. You have to redo whatever you were doing so that the Registry change is done again (or manually edit the Registry).

You can remove "Remember this decision" entries by using the Black & White list, but that does not change or reverse registry entries, it only affects the way that TeaTimer handles future registry changes.

_____

In regard to the particular registry entry that you denied, please read the following:
    Does this mean that I should try to reinstall Flash? I have tried to update it, but it did not work. If I uninstall it first, will I be able to successfully reinstall it?

Quote Originally Posted by DonsWife View Post
    If I uninstall it first, will I be able to successfully reinstall it?
    Simply-Yes.

I uninstalled Flash and reinstalled it. After doing that, I opened an email that I had tried to read before (I was trying to view a linked website) and still got a message stating that Flash was not detected/directing me to install Flash. I went to the Macromedia page, and it displayed the Flash version I had installed and stated that it was working properly. I am not sure what to think.

Does reinstalling Flash override the decision I made to deny it?

Well it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by drragostea
    Is it Adobe Flash Player from this link?:
    http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    Can you specify the Flash version that is installed?

Per the Version Installed box http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/
    I have 10,0,12,36 installed .

Quote Originally Posted by DonsWife View Post
    Does reinstalling Flash override the decision I made to deny it?
    You have the latest version, so I'm assuming that everything is fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    You have the latest version, so I'm assuming that everything is fine now.
    I am late checking back on the boards, but I wanted to thank you for your help.