Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: windows mobile 6.1 error

it isn't surprising that I also have the problems with my PocketPC and SpybotSD 0.3

Device: Samsung i900 Omnia

apart from the problems in the other posts the program takes my start bar (top of screen) and puts it at the bottom where the soft keys should be - maybe that has something to do with the resolution of 240x400 of the Omnia (most other devices have 240x320!)

I attached some images of the program. the time that is shown doesn't shange, it stays at 00:00, 00:05 or 00:10 (depending on db version?), the file which is scanned doesn't change either.

Default Same issues

I have the Samsung Omnia i910 and have the same issues as the previous users, in addition to the weird start menu bar issue the other omnia user had.

The SpybotAdv.dll file is in the appropriate directory both when I check it via my laptop and in the phone. I noticed my phone doesn't list file extensions, which is weird. I renamed the files to include the extensions (e.g. .dll) but it made no difference.

I would really like to use a trustworthy product like Spybot on my phone but it seems this has been going on for 5 months with no resolution (judging from the first post in Nov. 08.) Has anyone contacted the administrators? Otherwise, it looks like we have no choice but to use an alternative program. :( It's not worth leaving your phone at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    When we created the last updates for the mobile edition two weeks ago I think, we tested on 6.1 for the first time without problems.

The Touch Sprint already comes with 6.1, right? (just to know that its not one of those home cooked things )
    I am surprised that I only saw 1 single response from a spybot Dev or team member, which is at the beginning of the thread which tells me that they just responded to one person's question, with an answer of "We tested it and it works, are you using a cooked rom? have a nice day." Shouldn't the team be testing the phone with WM 6.1 that IS HAVING the problem? Obviously it's only a certain kind of phone and not WM 6.1 on ANY phone. There are many questions here and people who have tried stuff... but no more responses from the Spybot Team? Why don't you give us the coding to your software so we can fix this for you guys if you want us to debate how to fix it in your forums... Or just test it yourselves and fix it that way. Either way it will have to be fixed whomever does it if you guys want people to use your program when the HTC touch pro will probably start being an upgrade to most older pocket pc's. I know mine was and now I have to forget about using spybot. If that's what you guys are going for then it's happening.

Also I think that the reply should be removed stating that sprint has released an official 6.1 WM update... :joeycamp26: "The Sprint wm 6.1 update is offical from the htc website. Under settings it shows Windows mobile 6.1 professional ce os 5.2.19208 (build 19208.1.0.1)."

Which that is IN-CORRECT. I've called HTC and Sprint and there is no update for US devices.... The update they have on the HTC site is for foreign devices as you would be looking at the internation HTC site and not the actually US site. This would hurt people who have US devices and come to a US forum for US answers.

Quote Originally Posted by joeycamp26 View Post
    the sprint wm 6.1 update is offical from the htc website. Under settings it shows windows mobile 6.1 professional ce os 5.2.19208 (build 19208.1.0.1).
    this is false and could screw up your phone. You can't ever downgrade from this once you upgrade it is not for sprint, it is not for us phones. It is for foreign htc touch pro's.

Quote Originally Posted by Netspider View Post
    it isn't surprising that I also have the problems with my PocketPC and SpybotSD 0.3

Device: Samsung i900 Omnia

apart from the problems in the other posts the program takes my start bar (top of screen) and puts it at the bottom where the soft keys should be - maybe that has something to do with the resolution of 240x400 of the Omnia (most other devices have 240x320!)

I attached some images of the program. the time that is shown doesn't shange, it stays at 00:00, 00:05 or 00:10 (depending on db version?), the file which is scanned doesn't change either.

I have been having this same issue as have others and posted in this thread http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...82&postcount=1 and got a couple of replies but no real progress is being made it seems. Probably focusing on the major version instead of the auxiliary ones.
    [ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]
    Major's Blog :: NoScript Forum::

Quote Originally Posted by joeycamp26 View Post
    Check and see if the attributes for dll file is hidden. Im not for sure but i think spybot just needs some minor tweaking. I have had other programs like mundu radio quit working after the wm6.1 update, until they gave me a unrealsed version that fixed the loading problem. Lets only hope.
    No, the .dll is present and it just has Archive-bit set. Same with the other files in the folder. No go on Omnia...

Default In case it matters

I have a Samsung Omina through Verizon. The hardware mfg AND the carrier get to customize the software bundle, et al., so thought maybe the extra info could help...

Default Having same problem

I'm having the same deal with the DLL files not being recognized. The updates work fine, but scanning won't work! I have an HTC Fuze with ROM version 5.11.502.2, the most recent one for Raphael. Maybe someone should make a donation to the developers

Default Windows Mobile 6.1 device failure

I have a Motorola Motosurf a3100 phone touchscreen with Windows Mobile 6.1 and a fast 16gb microSDHC6 and spybot 0.3/1.5 installed fine and gives error "cannot load SpybotAdv.dll" which is present at the path indicated. Changed the attribute from ARCHIVE to no attributes ...no joy! ...why in the world would you make a program that doesn't work on the currently sold operating system? Is there a work-around for this?

Default wondering

if anyone is looking at this problem??