Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.6.1 Beta: 1.6.1.38

Thanks, the immunization thing has been fixed

The Recycler is a "special folder", not a real one. On the one hand, we could change the registry to not show it there maybe, on the other hand it would be much nicer to get feedback on the new right-click solution, but without feedback on it, I'm not hurrying and going to put that into 1.6.1

As for the icons, that's not the cause here, all icons are fine and as expected. Maybe just an icon cache thing? Have noticed Explorer sometimes hickups on file icons when they're replaced and the icon cache is full.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

F/P Fixes are not important files?

What do have F/P fixes to do with 1.6.1?

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    The Recycler is a "special folder", not a real one. On the one hand, we could change the registry to not show it there maybe, on the other hand it would be much nicer to get feedback on the new right-click solution, but without feedback on it, I'm not hurrying and going to put that into 1.6.1
    I must be missing something - what new right click solution?
    The scan from the recycle bin right click menu does open a scan screen but always appears to have no items in it, and the status Scan finished. (XP-Home SP3, Spybot 1.6.1.38)
    Are you looking for feedback that it doesn't work, or on something else?

Can't find the thread/post either
    It was about the current context menu option reacting to badly assigned file types (mostly .pdf before update) as well as standard action. Discussing the advantages (better control, icon, submen) and disadvantages (32 vs 64 bit memory) of using a DLL for providing additional context menu items.

This one.

Thanks PepiMK,

OK some feedback,
    First I personally had not experienced any problems with the SDFiles.exe that preceded 1.6.1.7, and none with 1.6.1.7 either, (except perhaps the synchronisation of the progress bar relative to the actual scan progress)possibly because I was using it on XP-Home SP3.

I downloaded and installed SDCon32.dll (1.0.0.14), and it replaced the SDFiles item in the right click context menu.

About the three options.

Scan file
    If I right click on specific file, then select Scan file, it scans the file, the results are presented correctly, also the two headings.

If I right click on a subdirectory (folder) then Select file, it scans the files in the folder, again presents them correctly, no duplicates in each section and the progress bar seems to be relatively in sync with the actual progress.

One thing I did find, the scan panel does not always come up on top, and is some times hidden under the explorer screen. (I haven't yet had a chance to see if I can tie down the condition for this to occur), however when it does occur, and if one doesn't notice the extra Spybot-SD "icon" that appears in the lower bar, and repeats the right click - scan file, then there will be duplicates seen in the panel when it is brought into view. That said it still completes the scan OK

Shred file
    If I right click on a specific file, then select Shred file, when the panel opens, it does not already have that file in the list, nor does it default to the current subdirectory when the add function is used. When the file has been shredded, the status does change to done but the bottom button still says Chop it away, with the only exit via File/Exit or the red cross. I guess this does allow for further files to be added and shredded, but I was kind of expecting the Chop it away to change to Finish or Exit once the task had been done, and perhaps it could be made so, reverting back to Chop it away if further new files were added.

Full system scan
    All that happened when I chose this is that it started the Spybot Program - Not a scan, the main program itself. What was meant to happen?

I hope these coments are of some use.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2008-12-01 at 14:27.

Thumbs down

I keep having this issue in XP SP3 but in Vista SP1 installed perfectly...

Translation: "Program too long to put it in memory"
    .: warmth :.