Thread: SpyBot & Ad-Aware

Default SpyBot & Ad-Aware

An answer to this question is probably in the archives, but I couldn't find it. I had trouble with opening Ad-Aware. Kept getting an application error code. Uninstalled and reinstalled both Ad-Aware and SpyBot.

Got info my SpyBot that "if you have the AdAware option to scan inside archives, enabled, AdAware may find files in the Spybot-S&D folder. Spybot-S&D does not contain any spyware, but it creates backups of everything you fix (until you remove those backups from the Recovery list), and AdAware complains about these backups. You can safely ignore these backups found by AdAware."

Reinstalled AdAware first. Got this application error message: exception EAccessViolation in module Ad-Aware.exe at 0014B4EC. Access violation at address 0054B4EC in module 'Ad-Aware.exe.' Read of address 0000294. Ad-Aware will not open.

What does all this mean, and more importantly, how do I get the two programs to run peacefully?

"if you have the AdAware option to scan inside archives, enabled, AdAware may find files in the Spybot-S&D folder. Spybot-S&D does not contain any spyware, but it creates backups of everything you fix (until you remove those backups from the Recovery list), and AdAware complains about these backups. You can safely ignore these backups found by AdAware."
    The above just basically means that Ad-aware may find false positives related to things Spybot has removed,if you have ad-aware configured to scan within archives.The error message you are getting is most likely not caused by that.

A good place to ask about Adaware's error message would be here:
    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/
    You will probably get a better answer there than I can provide you here,since I haven't used Adaware for a while.