Thread: Make TeaTimer a practical choice

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Make TeaTimer a practical choice

Having just finished cleaning a machine of someone too ready to install a codec which wasn't a codec, I am back in love with SpyBot. In conjunction with AntiVir Personal Edition it successfully took out everything on the machine where Windows Defender and Avast! failed. I'd really like to keep TeaTimer running alongside AntiVir (the Personal Edition has no anti-spyware), but alas, it's not to be.

Spybot simply doesn't work as a resident product for non-tech users. It's not automatic at all because it doesn't run as a service. Not only that, but enabling resident protection only does so for the currently logged on user. Imagine if AV worked like that!

I long for the day where I turn on TeaTimer and this enables a service which automatically updates, applies new immunisations, and continues to prompt you for action on unexpected changes (hopefully with more user friendly messages). Alas, it doesn't do that where as Windows Defender does, and so while Spybot might provide a more extensive detection suite, its inability to run itself after the initial enabling means I simply cannot justify putting it on machines. After all, if I could rely on the human element where would the spyware market be then?

Are there any plans to improve this element of the product?
    Last edited by Quitch; 2008-11-22 at 01:05.