The following instructions have been created to help you to get rid of "Win32.Banbra.anp" manually.
Use this guide at your own risk; software should usually be better suited to remove malware, since it is able to look deeper.
If this guide was helpful to you, please consider donating towards this site.
Win32.Banbra.anp starts itself in autorun as "WindowsUpdate" and "svchosts.exe" without giving the user a possibility to cancel that process.Removal Instructions:
Please use Spybot-S&D, RunAlyzer or msconfig.exe to remove the following autorun entries.
- Entries named "svchosts.exe" and pointing to "C:\Windows\System32\svchosts.exe".
- Entries named "WindowsUpdate" and pointing to "C:\Arquivos de programas\WindowsUpdate.scr".
Important: There are more files that cannot be safely described in simple words. Please use Spybot-S&D to remove them.
You can use regedit.exe (included in Windows) to locate and delete these registry entries.
If Win32.Banbra.anp uses rootkit technologies, use our RegAlyzer, RootAlyzer or our Total Commander anti-rootkit plugins.
- Delete the registry key "svchosts" at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\".
If neither Spybot-S&D nor self help did resolve the issue or you would prefer one on one help,
- Please read these instructions before requesting assistance,
- Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where a volunteer analyst will advise you as soon as available.