Thread: Gamers

Default Gamers

Thus GTA4 was released this week on pc there is quite few nr of web pages offering and/or rating the game , i found quite few with not so legimate add's and/or downloads for free/or cracked copy of the game , so as one of the gamers my self tought will give out small time alarm , nothing comes free and you risk with more then few hrs download time .
    Edit: Might only be me but i noticed increased amount of Virtumonde infections in last two weeks , just my personal tought about this wild fire , they might have connection (or not).
    Last edited by Dhortus; 2008-12-06 at 08:40.

Hello Dhortus,

ken545 responded to your topic here: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=40887

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I think I was infected by a variant of it and I havent done anything with GTA.

Well, it doesn't necessary have to be a copy of GTA. The most common way is exploited vulnerable versions of Java JRE and probably (maybe) dated, outdated version of software.

The most simplest way to get something unwelcome is not patching your machine with MS Updates and modifying your XP to "pimp" it up.