Thread: coolWWWsearch finds msft folder - keeps returning

Default coolWWWsearch finds msft folder - keeps returning

I have the same problem as a previous thread, but I believe the fix will be slightly different, as my combofix and hijackthis logs are different. I'll post both logs. My computer is very unstable. It locks up on just about any click, if I can even get logged in. I ran spybot and it finds coolWWWsearch, and the only item is the MSFT folder inside the temporary internet files folder. Although Spybot removes it, it gets regenerated. Also, if I go and manually remove it, it comes back. It's strange that the MSFT folder is hidden, unless I do a search, then it show up. I was able to run combofix and hijackthis. I've ran combofix and hijackthis several times, so they should be pretty clean, but I'm still having trouble with this one thing. Before there were some strange tinyproxy entried in combofix, among others. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-12-06 at 19:45. Reason: Moved from the Spybot-S&D forum, no HJT logs.

Hello bmcomputer,

Do NOT run 'FIXES' before helpers have analyzed the HJT log

FYI:
    "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Also, is this your own personal machine or are you posting for your business.

Personal computers or.....
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...12&postcount=5

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default coolWWWsearch problem

I had tried many fixes, like Spybot, ComboFix, and HijackThis, before I googled the problem. During the google search and my research, I came across a Spybot forum thread very similar to my problem, that had a solution, where the helper had asked to upload the logs, so I did the same since I had them. I have a business and I'm just at my wit's end with this one. I'm not trying to take advantage of the volunteers, as I've worked many unpaid hours on trying to solve this problem. I understand if I cannot get help through your forum, however, I hope that I am not punished also, as I have helped others on other forums myself. If you remove the post, let me know. Otherwise I am happy to donate, or whatever is necessary. Thanks.