Thread: SDHelper.dll problem with Internet Explorer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm wondering why the library(.dll) file would cause a problem? I would expect an execute file but not .dll file... What does exactly does Spybot SD Helper do and what won't Spybot do if I disable it? IOW, what kind of "very valuable real time protection"?
    Cybersailor,
    SDHelper is a "browser add on" that provides real time scan and blocking whilst you are using the browser. At the present time it has in excess of 20,000 sites and files in its black list and some 380 cookies. If you disable it, then you won't have this front line protection.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2008-12-12 at 12:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Cybersailor,
    SDHelper is a "browser add on" that provides real time scan and blocking whilst you are using the browser. At the present time it has in excess of 20,000 sites and files in its black list and some 380 cookies. If you disable it, then you won't have this front line protection.
    Thanks for the details. I do recall from a few years ago that I had it turned off because it was causing some problems. At some point I turned it back on because I DO want to keep it running. Guess I'll have to keep after the Google folks. I wish they would work this out directly with the Spybot S&D smart guys.