Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speedy scan

Default I just now downloaded the newest version of SSD

after my older version just stopped updating. I just did the first scan with the new version and it took about 10 seconds, when the old one used to take about an hour. It is only scanning 23 files. what did I do wrong?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

sbcgirl:

Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > File Sets. Make sure that everything is checked except the last two items which are for usage tracking. To do that easily, right click on the file sets list and select "Spyware check only".

Then click "Spybot-S&D" in the left hand pane followed by clicking on the "Search & Destroy" button. Start a scan by checking on the "Check for problems" in the right hand pane.

During the running of a Spybot scan ("Check for problems") the status bar in the lower left hand corner of the screen shows the following:
    • "Running bot-check(xxxxx/yyyyy:zzzzzz)" where:
      • xxxxx = Current check count.
      • yyyyy = Total check count.
      • zzzzz = Malware check being performed.

The total check count (yyyyy value) should be 350681 after the 2008-12-17 update. What is your scan showing?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Smile Thank you!!!

It is now 35061 as it's supposed to be. I don't think I changed any of the settings, (they were already where they were supposed to be), but after following your instructions it all seems to be working just fine.

Default oh boy, I have a problem

now that the scan is finished, it found two threats:
    Virtumonde (which sounds really ominous)
    and Microsoft. WindowsSecurityCenter.AntivirusOverride

What do I do now?

You can always start your own thread in the Spybot forum, and I'll be glad to assist you.