Thread: How to know number of protected threats..

Default How to know number of protected threats..

Hi, this is my first time here and hopefully this doesn't sound too dumb a question. A friend guided me over the phone how to download Spybot a couple of weeks ago, as it was suggested by Geeks after they helped me get rid of a Trojan. I also downloaded Spywareblaster, as suggested.

Today I searched for updates, it said there were 2, so I checked boxes and downloaded them, hit immunize, but it said all things were already immunized.

Looking over this site, I see there were updates posted, and the names were given of them and also a number 318114, and I have NO clue where I find these names or numbers. Hopefully I have installed this properly, as the person had me go to advanced mode after I installed it. Outside of knowing how to get updates and run a search for threats, I am totally lost as to what I am looking for. While my search is in progress, all I see down at the bottom is a number......38200, which I have no idea what that represents...

I don't think I have Tea Timer running, but that is no big deal, I'm just trying to figure out how I do know what is running and if my setting are right. I have read the FAQ, but it doesn't seem to address my question.

Thanx for any answers in advance...The computer dummy....:blush:

Question Also need to know ...

Hi,

I also need to know whether I have the correct number displayed. For me it is because I am using a core-duo laptop running XP Pro SP2.

I recall being informed that SB S&D had difficulties with handling dual core and core duo computers, which would cause the program from never being able to finish because it did not know what to do next. I was told that to have it end, I would have to disable one of the processors, or just accept its never ending.

That was months ago. I do not know whether that has been fixed, nor do I know whether the number I see when I run SB S&D is correct or not.

For me, knowing the number is more important than whether the problem has been fixed (It still does not complete its scan.).

Thanks.

Amigan