Thread: Not able to install Spybot on my PC .....

Default Not able to install Spybot on my PC .....

Dear Spybot,

Am not able to install Spybot S &D on my quad-core Intel PC. I keep getting the following error msg:

"error opening
    http://www.safer-networking.org/updallocator.php
    Server returned status code 404"

I have Avast, & a few antispyware progs on this PC.
    Pls advise

Regards,
    Soham

Quote Originally Posted by soham View Post
    I keep getting the following error msg:

"error opening
    http://www.safer-networking.org/updallocator.php
    Server returned status code 404"
    This file is downloaded when you chose to update Spybot-S&D directly during the installation process. I just tested all servers that answer to this HTTP request and they currently all work. So you may just try it again.

If this does not work, you could skip updating Spybot-S&D during the installation and update from within Spybot-S&D directly after the installation finished.

If you still cannot update Spybot-S&D, please report back. Then you may be infected by some Malware that prevents your computer from correctly communicating with our servers. A malware removal expert from this forum will help you in this case.

daemon

Default having same problem

I apparently downloaded malware but can't load any software (spybot or other) to remove it. Have tried other antivirus/malware programs but none will install. Get '404 - Error opening updallocator.php' on XP.

As for what it is, I haven't had enough time to search on this but it's intercepting all search strings I make and redirecting me to advertising sites. The URL seemingly intercepting my searches is 64.111.230.234

Any work arounds for installing?

btw, I already have Spybot on my computer and am registered but it will not load the program... the hourglass shows up for about a minute then goes away.

I believe your computers are infected by malware then.

Please go to the Malware Removal subforum, read the "BEFORE you POST" thread and then post about your problems there. You will receive help from a malware removal expert then.

daemon