Thread: updates folder

Default updates folder

what is the point of keeping all of the downloaded updates in the update folder are the downloaded file not put into the includes folder. and if they are put into the includes floder can you guys add the feature to clean out the updates folder. the only reason why i ask this is because it is using extra space that is not needed.
    For the fastest, safest browsing experience get Google Chrome

Its part of our paranoia regarding transparency I guess : give the user a full overview over any data that the app has transmitted over the internet. And allow users to transport updates to another offline machine if they want.

2.00 includes an offer to clean up old quarantine entries already, might indeed not be a bad idea to offer cleanup here.

Any ideas there?

On the one hand, it'll get complicated. Updates are now done by a system service, the updater that the user can (but does not need to) trigger manually might run only with user privileges, and we want to keep the interface between the two small (equals more secure ). I'm hesitant to think about auto-cleaning as well, but I guess updates older than a month are indeed discardable? ut what if someone doesnt update for more than a month, and some secondary update hasnt been updated since? I'll give it some thought
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

that sounds great. this cleanup for old updates if the folder should be something users can turn on or off so that everybody wins.
    For the fastest, safest browsing experience get Google Chrome