Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About the Spybot 2.0 alpha release...

Default About the Spybot 2.0 alpha release...

We're sorry that we weren't able to keep the hinted at deadline of releasing an alpha version late this year.

One reason is that the season into account I have to admit. The past two weeks providing out-or-order updates on Tuesdays with fewer working days between them, we didn't make the database change to have updates for both versions available yet.

A second one is the ongoing improper competition by Kaspersky, McAfee and Trend Micro. We don't want to have our new on-access scanner being misused as an invented argument for forcing uninstallation of our new version as well by those, and enforcing once rights by the law is something that just takes time.

With no idea on how long the second issue will take, we'll probably hurry to get an alpha release out as soon as the weeks are not interrupted by all these holidays any more, with the on-access part excluded or just to a few selected users; all the other new stuff should cause enough reasons for a lot of feedback anyway

A happy new year to everyone!
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Don't worry my friend... I prefer to see something better but unfinished... take your time... have a nice new year there...
    .: warmth :.

Happy new Year!

It has been quite a long time since Spybot lab is facing tussles with the payware AVs. I don't think it will come to an end unless you to take a legal action against them. You should not compromise Spybot v2 features (on demand and real time) just because they will result more incompetent behavior from those "deep pockets"....

You must have studied in high school about Newton's third law of motion. "To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.".....hence, if the "deep pockets" forces the user to uninstall spybot, you guys do the same thing and notify the users to remove the respective AV prior installation of Spybot.

well you don't want to fight fire with fire because in the end you will only get burned.
    For the fastest, safest browsing experience get Google Chrome

I'm dieing to try it out. :D But, rather later and better, than sooner and not that great.

We made the database update after last Wednesdays updates, and now should be able to create both without additional effort.

Also received some comments from a few people we had testing it locally here, mostly spelling mistaken etc., which'll be fixed asap.

As for the AVs, this is one thing probably going into the uninstaller; and this one is more designed to work against malware... well, in this case those AVs are malware...

Comments on the later feature request would be welcome, since it's going deeper into the system than most apps do.

About one thing on the list left now

Excuse my asking.

Can I find Spybot v2.0 alpha anywhere to test it?

Hello,

Not yet.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I hope spybot 2 will be just as good as spybot 1, hopefully better.

How long do you plan to improve sypbot?