Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: About the Spybot 2.0 alpha release...

I was not speaking about error messages, but error descriptions. If you drive your car to the garage telling them "its broken, make it work" and you forget to tell them that only at 200 km/h there are some noises, chance are that no one will understand you.

That's why I linked to a blog entry that describes how to report problems. Your steps to reproduce were a bit clearer, but they still don't say anything out of the order. For example, right after installing it, there are no newer updates, and depending on which update button inside Spybot you click, it is to be expected that the window closes, with a message that there are no updates. That's not specific to Windows 7. A more useful report would have stated that you installed N days earlier, and that since then, the website lists an update, but you could not get that update, for example.

And why are we too late? We have tested with the public beta 1 and we have access to non-public releases.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

I have a question about Spybot 2.0. Will it be installable in Safe Mode? Sometimes, I run into problems installing anti-spyware apps when the system is booted in normal mode so I try to install in safe mode and then scan in safe mode.

Spybot 1.6.0 I've been able to install and run in safe mode just fine. Will Spybot 2.0 be able to do the same?

Thanks!

Peace...

I'd be amazed if you were unable to run it in safe mode. It's sad, but I'm checking this thread frequently because I can't wait for spybot v2!

Well, it includes some system services, and services are not always designed for safe mode... but since we intend to still work on 9x were no system services are possible at all, everything that could conflict would have a non-service fallback anyway
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

@PepiMK:

Did you already decided what kind of "real-time protection" Spybot 2.0 will get?

What do you mean with "different from the TeaTimer" ?

Can you describe it a little bit since you only wrote:
    Yes Matt, seems I missed listing that. Indeed TeaTimer will be obsolete and replaced with something new that's real-time instead of near-time
    here

Best regards,
    -Matt-

If memory serves correct, wasn't there briefly a beta page on the spybot website?