Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recovery not Recovering

I thank you for your assistance, I will continue to check this thread. I must say however that I am not very impressed with Spybot as a result of this. Spybot was recommended to me from a friend who said that it was far superior to Adaware. I downloaded and installed Spybot, ran my first scan, trusted the program and allowed it to "fix" the Wild Tangent items believing that it would give me an option to restore if necessary. I would never be able to allow Spybot to "fix" (remove) any item now as I cannot believe that it is able to restore them. The other thing I wonder about is this, when users post for help with malware issues the volunteers always require the user to download and install yet another program (HJT), have that program run a scan and post the log for evaluation. If Spybot is superior to the other malware programs why do the volunteers not ask for the Spybot log?
    Anyway I thank you for your assistance and kindness.

Remember that HiJack This is not a scanning or a malware tool but simply a diagnostic tool. Spybot-Search&Destroy report logs and HJT analysis logs are two different things.

Besides, think about it. What harm will running a simple scan with HJT do?

Thanks for the information. As you have probably noticed I am a little confused about all of this. Until I installed Spybot I ran Adaware for several years. My experience with Adaware did not prepare me for the differences in Spybot. I'll catch on soon I hope.