Thread: virtumond and smitfraud-c

Default virtumond and smitfraud-c

I am hoping that someone can help me remove these two problems. Problem #1 is Virtumond and problem #2 is snitfraud-c. Thankfully I am not am having pop-ups bombard me when I do go online, however when I run search and destroy they always come back. I am a real computer novice and am nervous to ask for help because I don't want to drive a person who really wants to help me bonkers because I have no idea what all the terms mean. I have been checking other forum threads and notice that everyone who asks for help posts a hijackthis log. I did download the program, but I have no idea how to use it. I'm hoping that there is a kind soul out there with a lot of patience who can help me. Thanks, lynn

Hello fotogyrrl,

Quote Originally Posted by fotogyrrl View Post
    I have been checking other forum threads and notice that everyone who asks for help posts a hijackthis log. I did download the program, but I have no idea how to use it. I'm hoping that there is a kind soul out there with a lot of patience who can help me. Thanks, lynn

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum which gives instructions on how to produce a HJT log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic providing that log and I will close this topic as helpers look for threads without a response.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello fotogyrrl,

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum which gives instructions on how to produce a HJT log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic providing that log and I will close this topic as helpers look for threads without a response.

Cheers.

Thanks for where to look, I will produce a file and post a new thread soon.