Thread: moviepass removal

Default moviepass removal

Does Spybot support the removal of moviepass or does anyone know the best way to remove moviepass?

Hi there.

Please follow the instructions in this sticky topic:
    BEFORE you post a log, and who will advise you. Preliminary Steps

Start your own topic here:
    Malware Forum

Someone will then take a look at the system as soon as available.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hi Jmedin,

Moviepass is a major problem for a great many people and if you haven't already removed it then I hope this helps...

The first thing you must establish is whether you or anyone else chose to download Moviepass, even if it was bundled with some other program. If there's any chance that it has become installed this way then it's vital that you phone Moviepass and cancel your account - don't use the number on the pop-up style window as it's a premium rate number and you may well be put on hold for a long time. Go to http://profend.com/answers/moviepass and use the toll free number instead (on the FAQ page there's more info about Moviepass Customer Services), you'll need to note your Customer ID number which is on the pop-up window and you may be asked for your IP address - the above site tells you how to get your IP address.

If you're 100% certain that Moviepass has become installed without consent or knowledge and they do not have any personal info then you can delete the program without the need to contact them. The situation a couple of days ago was that Spybot didn't detect Moviepass (it's a series of programs - not a virus, adware, spyware etc) and when I last checked only 2 programs detected and removed Moviepass - Panda Internet Security is one and another spyware program is the other. Follow Tashi's link and there's a link to Panda there. Norton and McAfee are both aware of Moviepass and to date Norton have released manual removal instructions (Norton have detected it as trojan.muvipaz).

Default how i did it

hi gang ...this is my 1st post

i had the dreaded moviepass on my pc
    i loaded ewido and scanned ..........took for ages ........1hr 40 mins
    rermoved all the highlighted stuff

then i went to add and remove prog
    deleated the moviepass license_manager
    and all seems ok

good old ewido

Quote Originally Posted by cavalier
    good old ewido
    Ewido is a good application and one referred to in our Malware removal forum for certain infections.

That along with other tools/applications as no one program can cover all bases.
    So how did I get infected in the first place? By Tony Klein

Unwanted items on ones computer tend to come bundled with other little friends which is why we like to see a log, as I suggested to jmedin above.

Glad it worked out for you.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Moviepass Removal

I have removed the software although I still have music playing through my speakers permenantly. Can anyone tell me how I can disable this without turning my speakers off!

Thanks