Thread: Microsoft.Windows.Security.InternetExplorer - what do these entries typically imply?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Microsoft.Windows.Security.InternetExplorer - what do these entries typically imply?

Just did a fresh scan on my system for the first time in a few months, and for the first time ever with 1.6 (on this PC) and one of these entries popped up. Are they typically security settings in IE, and if so, what does removing the entry do, restore the option to the default setting?

note: there is no malware/viruses/trojans on this PC, and this lone entry was the only one detected

I don't have any specific information aside from what's in the Spybot statistics, which also curiously said it was last fixed on 12/31/1969 for some reason.

EDIT: Also, since removing it with Spybot it seems like I'm seeing a lot more fully loaded "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" errors in the boxes/frames where ads are blocked by my HOSTS file. Before they would mainly would just be blank white space.
    Last edited by el nemto; 2009-01-12 at 09:24.