Thread: SpybotDeleting#### - description for Startup list

Startup programs expert

Default SpybotDeleting#### - description for Startup list

Hi,

Just wanted some help from the team w.r.t the description I'm going to use for the "SpybotDeleting####" registry "RunOnce" entries in the Sysinfo.org Startup List.

I was going to use the following:

Name or Startup Item: SpybotDeleting*****
    Command or Data: [cmd or command] /c del [path] [filename]
    Description: Generated by Spybot S&D if it encounters files that cannot be deleted during runtime because they are locked by other processes. For example, C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt is the scheduler log file and is locked by Windows as long as it runs. For operating system compatibility reasons the autorun entries are generated with cmd and command. These entries should be left alone and will be removed on the next reboot/login. **** represents a combination of a single letter and up to 4 numbers

If you think it can be improved/simplified feel free to offer suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,

Paul Collins
    (aka Pacman)
    Pacman's Portal
    Sysinfo.org Startup List

Hello pac-man. Here's just my guess .
    -
    Generated by Spybot S&D if it encounters files that cannot be deleted during runtime because they are locked by other processes. What Spybot-Search&Destroy will do is schedule a scan during bootup and remove the files from there. You should allow the prompts that regards "SpybotDeleting*****", because it will be removed on the next reboot. **** represents a combination of a single letter and up to four numbers.
    -
    Hope that helps, even if it is the tiniest bit.

Startup programs expert

Thanks for the suggestion drragostea - will take it into consideration. Any confirmation from the Spybot S&D team?
    Regards,

Paul Collins
    (aka Pacman)
    Pacman's Portal
    Sysinfo.org Startup List

Hello,

Those entries (with random numbers) get generated each time Spybot cannot remove a file while the system is running (so it gets queued through those entries to be deleted on next system restart).

They're "RunOnce" entries though, automatically removed once executed once - unless you tell TeaTimer to reject their removal.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I probably need to start a new thread for this, but just in case it can be handled here, I thought I would start here.

I just downloaded Spybot and ran a scan. I use it on my laptop, this is the computer for the kids. Unfortunately it has been unprotected for a year...yikes.

In any case, when I ran it and it 'fixed' the checked items, teatimer started alerting me to all of these changes, like the ones described above with the spybotdeletingX####. As I had just fixed things...I allowed them. Now I dont know what to do as I restarted the computer and all of these c: black windows opened and closed...

And I am still getting alerts, but am hesitant to allow or deny anything as I have no idea!!!

I can copy the processes from the file if you need. I just want to protect this computer as well and am afraid I am over my head.

Thanks
    Last edited by hddnme; 2009-01-27 at 03:53.

hddnme, start a new thread and I'll be more than glad to assist you. This thread was started by pacs-portal, so it should stick more with his topic.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    hddnme, start a new thread and I'll be more than glad to assist you. This thread was started by pacs-portal, so it should stick more with his topic.
    Thank you! I thought I should, but I was not sure. I will do that now.