Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spybot shoebox files in Microsoft PictureIt

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

richrk:

Those files open with Spybot because they have a file extension of .sbs which is also one of the file extentions I listed above that are used by Spybot:
    • .disabled
    • .sbe
    • .sbi
    • .sbs
    • .tnfo
    • .uti
    • .uts

However, they are not Spybot files just because they have a file extension of .sbs. When you install Spybot the file extension of .sbs is equated to Spybot and double clicking on any .sbs file will start Spybot unless you change it to start another program.

Deleting those files would have no affect on Spybot because they are not Spybot files. However, I don't what affect deleting them would have on "Microsoft Picture It!".

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Shoebox .sbs files

I moved (maybe delete later) the large .sbs files (288MB) from the Shoebox folder to a flash drive. So far Picture It! and Spybot both seem to be working OK.

One more question I have is how did the .sbs files become so huge? Do they increase in size with Spybot updates or Teatimer. In the Picture It! help file index quite a list of file suffixes are listed that are used by the program but no .sbs.

Again, thanks for your help.
    Last edited by richrk; 2009-01-30 at 17:55.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

richrk:

I have no idea how they got to be the size they are because THEY ARE NOT SPYBOT FILES and are not used by either Spybot or TeaTimer!!!

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.