Thread: Does Immunisation apply to other user accounts too?

Default Does Immunisation apply to other user accounts too?

Does Immunisation apply to other user accounts too?

Or does it only apply to the admin account that the program is run on?

If so, is there any way to get it to immunise other user accounts too? It's not really the admin account that needs the most protection I feel. The standard account are usually used by novices and so I hope there is a way to immunise their browsers too.
    I'm running Vista by the way.

In the Administrator column, you'll be able to apply Immunization for all user accounts on the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    In the Administrator column, you'll be able to apply Immunization for all user accounts on the machine.
    I don't understand what you mean by "Administrator column". You mean by switching to advanced mode?

I've tried this but when I go into "Spybot S&D" -> "Immunize" there is still only my browser profiles listed and not any others.

There was one time I saw another user accounts browser profiles listed and I can't remember what I did to make it appear. Also it was only the browser profiles of 1 out of a total of 3 standard accounts. I want to be able to immunise all three.

Could you walk me through the steps necessary to get the other accounts immunised? I'd really appreciate it. I've been wondering for a long time how to do this.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Cavalier1888:

With Windows Vista you may have to run Spybot with elevated administrator rights to fully immunize. See:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    Cavalier1888:

With Windows Vista you may have to run Spybot with elevated administrator rights to fully immunize. See:
    Yeah I'm running it with admin rights. I think it's still only immunising the admin accounts browsers and not the standard account ones.

If there are other accounts in the machine, Spybot will detect them. You can Immunize all of them if all the boxes in the Immunize tab are ticked.

Hmmm... if its a machine with Terminal Services or the remote thing enabled, user hiven might not get loaded automatically. In that case you'll have to run Spybot with /userhives or /allhives to see he other users registry hives and immunize them. Better use 1.6.2 for this, 1.6 might not allow logon of those users while Spybot is open - 1.6.2 uses a more compatible loaded hive name.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)