MD USA SPYBOT FAN:
Thank you very much once again. Your explanations were clear. About the numbers, at least they finally allowed us to prove that in fact everything was indeed immunised for every account once the immunisation has been done by an administrator. As for the running processes, I had already followed the advice given by the link to which you pointed me and added Sti_Trace.log to the exclusions... however I had forgotten that this article also mentionned SchedLgU.txt and also I was puzzled about the task scheduler because I do not presently use it and could not see it either in the start-up items (no matter if I looked through spybot or through the bar or through msconfig or through Ctrl-Alt-Del) but after your answer I took a closer look to msconfig and opened the services page... the reason I had not previously found the task scheduler entry was that instead of being loaded through the start-up page of msconfig as on Win98, it is now, on XP, loaded as a service! By clearly mentionning both the process name and its usage, your answer prompted me to search further and allowed me to identify it in the services, and it is indeed running! So everything is explained.

So if I understood well, the immunisation is complete for all users if ran as admin, but if someone tries to run it without administrative rights, the immunisation would also be fully completed for that same user, but not for the others... so I guess that as long as only this limited user normally loads daily, it would be ok for him to run the immunisation process to protect himself, as long as once in a while I run it from as admin to protect all the others. Agreed?

I notice that spybot also suggests to the limited user to use the task scheduler to run the updates and immunisations as admin on a regular basis... Does that mean that the scheduled task would run and fully update and immunise all users even if the user himself is not logged as admin? If so, could you please clearly indicate the steps through which we could configure the task scheduler to make spybot update and immunize the whole computer without actually any human user running as admin? And please confirm also if the scheduler would then, in the event of available updates, simply list them and let the limited user decide which should be downloaded, or if the scheduler would itself download and install all of them? the reason for this last question is that the updater now offers to download and install upgrades as well, rather than simply mentionning as in the past that they are available, and that I have seen on the forums that some had trouble when the upgrade installed automatically and that it was safer to simply download the upgrade manually and then uninstall the previous version before upgrading to the new version.