Thread: TCPIPAddress.dll Error While Updating to v. 1.6.2

Default TCPIPAddress.dll Error While Updating to v. 1.6.2

I was trying to run an automated update to Spybot S&D v. 1.6.2 using the S & D updater application and received an error message that the file TCPIPAddress.dll (C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Plugins\TCPIPAddress.dll) could not be overwritten. I chose to abort the installation and the software was rolled all the way back to the root v. 1.6.0.30 installation (i.e. it looks like I lost all the incremental updates I’ve installed since September 2008).

Is there a solution to this problem, other than uninstalling v. 1.6.0 first, downloading the v. 1.6.2 executable from your website, and then trying a fresh installation? I checked the attributes of the TCPIPAddress.dll file and it was not marked as read only. I was connected to the Internet while the installation wizard was running.

Hello,

I am sorry, but i would suggest to uninstall the old version now and make a fresh install of the new version 1.6.2.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

I am sorry, but i would suggest to uninstall the old version now and make a fresh install of the new version 1.6.2.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    This is not very helpful. I just (2/20/2009) tried the "new version" and the same thing happened to me.

Hi,

please un-install Spybot 1.6.0 or 1.5.2 completely from your computer. After that, reboot your computer and install Spybot 1.6.2.46. That works.

Best regards,
    -Matt-

Quote Originally Posted by -Matt- View Post
    Hi,

please un-install Spybot 1.6.0 or 1.5.2 completely from your computer. After that, reboot your computer and install Spybot 1.6.2.46. That works.

Best regards,
    -Matt-
    Your stress on the word "completely" suggests there might be more to this than an ordinary uninstall. Can you point me toward some directions on how to uninstall Spybot? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Steve

Hey,

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html

That is what I mean with "complete".

Best regards,
    -Matt-
    Last edited by Matt; 2009-02-21 at 18:49.