Thread: Teatimer auto approving everything

Default Teatimer auto approving everything

Hi Guys,

I posted this to another forum but was pointed to the latest teatimer beta (1.6.6.32) which i have installed and tried but still have the same problem.

To get around the multiple prompts i was getting from teatimer in response to the Spybot auto scan overnight adding autorun entries to remove old files at boot time i selected the remember this setting option.

However, now i got no prompts at all from teatimer. No AutoRun prompt. Not even a prompt when i change my IE start page. The log just shows entries like below:

05/03/2009 03:43:59 Allowed (based on user decision) value "SpybotDeletingA5945" (new data: "command.com /c del "C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt"") added in System Startup global entry!
    05/03/2009 11:18:17 Allowed (based on user decision) value "Start Page" (new data: "about:blank") changed in Browser page!
    I checked the teatimer settings and there are no entries in the allow/blocked for processes or registry.
    i have tried to reset the lists but that didnt make any affect.

Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.

Dave

Hello,

Please do not open several posts with the same content.
    Already answered here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=46397

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi Sandra,

sorry about this. I took from the first post that i should discuss it in the beta forum when i had tried the new version.

I did try the new version after reading the posts that you pointed me to, but those posts did not answer the question.

Why do i no longer get any prompts for the types of entries that i indicated. (addititons to registry run groups, changes to IE home page etc.) Both of which seem to imply that there was a user decision, when infact there was not.

Regards,
    Dave

Default Same here! and this ain't beta.

Quote Originally Posted by southdave View Post
    Hi Sandra,

sorry about this. I took from the first post that i should discuss it in the beta forum when i had tried the new version.

I did try the new version after reading the posts that you pointed me to, but those posts did not answer the question.

Why do i no longer get any prompts for the types of entries that i indicated. (addititons to registry run groups, changes to IE home page etc.) Both of which seem to imply that there was a user decision, when infact there was not.

Regards,
    Dave
    I've been having this same bug for months now. And I also re-installed vista (from recovery CD) four times and it asked for a permission only once over all those re-install, and that is in this latest install.
    This is surely not some install bug of any.
    But I would like to know if there are any possibility that some autorun.ini files, from any virus or worm, that might stay on any of my D:CD drive and E:CD drive (in any drivers files for example) that might forever hijack any of my re-install?
    Is my question has any sense? Because I've been trying to get an answer from everywhere on other forum without any result.
    Can I really rely on a recovery CD to clean-up everything totally?

thx
    Ghis